Not all VU students have a Blackboard account.Only those taking distance courses or who have instructors that choose to use Blackboard as an enhancement for their on campus classes will have access.
Please ask your instructor if he/she uses Blackboard before contacting the CTL for help.
Student Blackboard Tutorials:
Submitting an Assignment
Learn how to successfully submit an assignment your teacher has given you.
Taking a Test Online
Working in your course
- Checking Your Grades
- Working in Groups - New!
- Creating a Blog Entry
- Creating and Editing a Wiki Page
- Viewing My Contribution to a Wiki- New!
- Linking Wiki Pages - New!
Staying Organized And Communicating
- Sending Email From Your Course - New!
- Adding Events to Your Calendar - New!
- Stay Organized by Managing Your Course and Personal Tasks
Changing Email Address, Password, And Environment
- Editing Your Personal Information
- Setting Your Privacy Options
- Changing Your Password
- Changing the Color Theme on the My Institution Page- New!
- Customizing the My Institution Page- New!
Known Issues and Fixes
- Current Blackboard Known Issues and Fixes
- How to Paste Text from Microsoft Word into a Blackboard Textbox
- Course Calendar is Offset When Viewing in Internet Explorer
- Course menu becomes collapsed or does not show up
- Creating a Discussion Board Post
- Creating a New Discussion Board Thread
- Replying to a Discussion Board Thread
- Organizing Discussion Board Posts
- Viewing Discussion Board Grades