The Blazer One Card is the official VU ID card. This card will handle ID card services, such as checking out library books or using your meal plan in Tecumseh dining center (your VU ID is required to enter the dining center). In addition, the Blazer One Card can be used at off-campus locations. The Blazer One Card offers the following benefits:
- All student financial disbursements, such as refunds and financial aid awards, are handled through Higher One. Even if you do not receive financial aid, there may be instances in which you do receive a refund. For example, a class was dropped during the drop/add period. Students have three different options regarding the way they can receive a refund:
- (1) elect to have funds transferred to an optional checking account, the OneAccount, and receive refunds within minutes of processing,
- (2) elect to have funds transferred to a third-party bank (such as your existing bank account), or
- (3) elect to receive a paper check from Higher One.
- If the choice is the OneAccount service, the card will function as a MasterCard debit card that is accepted by over 24 million merchants worldwide. Cardholders can get cash from ATMs, write checks, send and receive money electronically from their accounts, and monitor the details of their accounts online. This improvement will require the card to be produced off campus. With these changes it will be more important than ever to keep your Blazer One Card in a safe place and not damage or misplace it.
- There is a $20 replacement charge by HigherOne for any lost card as well as a 5-10 day wait for your new card.
You can order your Blazer One Card through your myVU account.