Vincennes University is honored to host National Portfolio Day in the Beckes Student Union on Sunday, September 30, 2012 from 12:00 to 4:00 PM. This is the only National Portfolio Day event in the state of Indiana.
Students, parents, art teachers, and school counselors are all invited to Vincennes University to meet art school representatives from across the country. Information will be offered by a variety of college art programs on how to apply, how to prepare your portfolio and where to get financial aid. Talk to the representatives about your artwork and about their schools. Discover careers in the art field! Portfolio day is free and open to the public. It's a great place to start your future in art!
All participating schools are members of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. NASAD is the only national professional accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education for higher education institutions in the visual arts.
Schools reviewing portfolios include:
- Art Academy of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- Cleveland Institute of Art, Cleveland, OH
- Columbus College of Art and Design, Columbus, OH
- École Parsons à Paris, Paris, France
- Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, Los Angeles, CA
- Herron School of Art and Design, Indianapolis, IN
- Kansas City Art Institute, Kansas City, MO
- Kendall College of Art & Design of Ferris State University, Grand Rapids, MI
- Lawrence Technological University, Southfield, MI
- Memphis College of Art, Memphis, TN
- Miami University, Oxford, OH
- Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, Milwaukee, WI
- Murray State University, Murray, KY
- New Hampshire Institute of Art, Manchester, NH
- Northern Illinois University-School of Art, DeKalb, IL
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, PA
- Pratt Munson Williams Proctor, Utica, NY
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- University of Michigan School of Art and Design, Ann Arbor, MI
- University of Saint Francis, Ft. Wayne, IN
- Vincennes University, Vincennes, IN
- Watkins College of Art, Design and Film, Nashville, TN
NOTE: Several institutions in attendance may consider your portfolio review as the portfolio requirement of their admissions procedure. However, please understand that no decisions regarding your acceptance or scholarships will be determined on portfolio day.
If you have questions regarding Vincennes University's National Portfolio Day event, please contact:
Stephen Black, Professor and Chair
Art and Design Department, Humanities Division,
Shircliff Building, Vincennes University,
1002 N. First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591
email@example.com or 812-888-4328