The Vincennes University Summer Bridge Program is designed to provide incoming and freshman level students with a summer college orientation experience and the opportunity to get a head start on their academic goals. Additional faculty, staff, and tutors are hired especially for the Summer Bridge Program to assure that students experience a positive transition to college life.
2013 Summer Schedule
Sunday, July 7 - Welcome/Move into Residence Hall/Orientation/Advising
Monday, July 8 - Classes Begin
Friday, August 9 - Classes End
What students will do:
- Live in a residence hall
- Enroll in two to three VU summer credit courses and Summer Bridge (SBRG 185) non-credit course
- Participate in orientation and advising
- Engage in social and recreational activities
- Develop early social connections
- Explore career options
What students will learn:
- Where facilities are located
- How to use the library and learning centers
- Study, time, and money management skills
- What it is like to live in a college dormitory
- How to access public services in Vincennes
- Self-advocacy skills
HOW TO APPLY:
The number of students accepted into the Summer Bridge Program is limited to promote a quality program. In order to have your application approved and processed in a timely manner, it is important to apply early.
- Complete application for admission to Vincennes University
- Submit an application for the Summer Bridge Program
- Be interviewed by the Director of Summer Bridge for acceptance into the program. Once your application is received the Director will contact you to schedule a telephone or personal interview.
- For financial aid, you will need to fill out the FAFSA. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) link is www.fafsa.gov.
Applications should be mailed to:
Summer Bridge Program
1002 North 1st Street
Vincennes, Indiana 47591