The state of Indiana College Immunization Law IC 20-12-71-9 went into effect in the fall of 1995. This law affects full-time students upon initial enrollment at a state-supported residential college or university. Students not in compliance by the end of their first semester of enrollment may not register or attend classes during their second or subsequent semesters, until the requirements are met.
To be in compliance with the immunization law, ALL full-time students must provide documentation for the following:
- Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoid or Tdap which has been administered within the past 10 years. Documentation must include day, month and year of vaccination.
- Meningitis vaccination OR a signed meningitis risk acknowledgement waiver on file with the immunization records.
For students born on or after January 1, 1957 the following is required:
- One dose of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) on or after the first birthday. Documentation must include day, month and year of vaccination.
- Second dose of measles (rubeola) or a second MMR administered 30 days after the first dose. Documentation must include day, month and year of vaccination.
- Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoid or Tdap within the last 10 years. Documentation must include day, month and year of vaccination.
- Meningitis vaccination OR a signed meningitis risk acknowledgment waiver on file with the immunization records.
Students may provide documented serologic (bloodwork) evidence of measles, mumps, and rubella antibodies.
Religious or medical contraindication exemptions must be filed with the Vincennes University Health Office. Acceptable documentation may include:
- Physician’s immunization certificate
- Immunization records from high school
- Military immunization record (DD214 will not show immunizations)
- V.U. immunization form completed and signed by a physician or county health department
Documentation can be mailed or faxed to the following:
Vincennes University Health Services
Vincennes University, HH-82
Vincennes, IN 47591
Phone (812) 888-4277
Fax (812) 888-5524