Admission Procedure - Education
Admission Procedure - Education (Bachelor's Degree)
Formal admission into the Bachelor's Degree in Education Program typically occurs at the beginning of the Junior year and is a critical gateway for teacher candidates.
The requirements candidates must meet include the following:
- GPA of 2.75 overall
- GPA of 2.75 in all core education courses
- Passing scores on PRAXIS I
- Satisfactory assessment of initial portfolio (EDUC 290)
- Satisfactory criminal history report
- Satisfactory performance on performance evaluations from all field experiences
- Satisfactory rating on dispositional evaluations from supervisors of field experiences and core course instructors
- Signed recommendation form from advisor
Mathematics Education majors must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher in Semester I through IV Major Program Requirements courses with no grade lower than a “C” and no Incomplete grade (“I”) in any Major Program Requirement courses.
Science Education majors must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher in Semester I through IV General Science Core and Concentration courses with no grade lower than a “C” and no Incomplete grade (“I”) in any General Science Core or Concentration courses.
When you have met all of the entry requirements listed above, please download and complete the application (found at the bottom of this page) for admission to the education program.
After you have been admitted, you will receive a letter regarding summer advising dates and times. At that time you will be tested for class placement and then you will be advised. If you are available to test before the advising dates, contact the testing center at 812-888-5404.