Available on the Vincennes campus
This program is designed to prepare students for opportunities in all fields of cosmetology. Some of the areas included are as follows: beauty salon owner, make-up artist, sales technician, salon manager, facial and skin care expert, hair stylist, platform artist, hairpiece consultant, hair coloring technician, manufacturer’s representative, cosmetic stylist, and cosmetology instructor. In this program, emphasis is on practical skills, professionalism and business education. Upon completion of this program, graduates are eligible for state licensure.
Visiting this web site could certainly be the beginning of a new and exciting career! Are you committed to being the best? The difference between being good and being the best at what you do depends on two things: Your Commitment and the Knowledge You Possess.The quality of education is only equal to the quality of instruction. The instructional staff in the Vincennes University Cosmetology program is comprised of dedicated individuals who are committed to quality education in the field of Cosmetology. The staff endorses and embraces any new techniques, methods and applications that emerge in the ever-changing world of the beauty industry and education.
Guidelines for Cosmetology Credit:
Persons who have completed an accredited cosmetology program and have passed the Indiana Cosmetology State Boards may be granted up to 30 credit hours by:
- Making application and being accepted as a Vincennes University student;
- Submitting a copy of the valid Indiana Cosmetology License; and
- Submitting payment for up to 30 credit hours at $25 per credit hour.
- Credit will be awarded for COSM 100, COSM 150, COSM 200, and COSM 250.
- The student will be required to complete COSM 275. The student will be assessed on their current cosmetology skills. They will meet at the Vincennes Beauty College 30 hours during the semester.
For more information, please contact:
Susan Brocksmith, Cosmetology Program Chair