Project EXCEL, Indiana's first dual credit/concurrent enrollment program, offers transcripted college credit for only $25 per credit hour to eligible high school students who enroll in Vincennes University courses offered at their local high school or career center. Project EXCEL courses are available to high school juniors and seniors who meet all applicable course prerequisite requirements established by Vincennes University and/or Project EXCEL.
Online Enrollment Form:
All current and prospective Project EXCEL students will be required to complete a Project EXCEL Online Enrollment Form (OEF) prior to registering for Project EXCEL dual credit courses, each year. This form, designed to capture student demographic and contact information, will allow a VU Student ID (A#) to be automatically generated and emailed to new Project EXCEL students. The A# is now REQUIRED for, both, Project EXCEL course registration and Accuplacer testing purposes. Returning students must also complete the OEF, each year, to verify all information previously submitted is current, including student address, phone, and email.
ALL students will still be required to complete the four-part paper registration form in order to register for Project EXCEL courses. (The OEF does NOT replace the paper registration form.)
The OEF may be accessed by clicking on the link below:
Please click here for more information and OEF instructions.
Benefits to Students:
- A way to fulfill Academic Honors and Technical Honors diploma requirements.
- Get an early start in college - prepare for the challenge of college coursework.
- Opportunity for hands-on experience in many career and technical courses.
- Only $25 per credit hour - a significant savings over traditional college tuition.
- Fee Waivers for students who qualify under the Free and Reduced lunch program.
- Fee Waivers for select Career and Technical Education courses.
Students Academic Requirements:
- Must be a high school student with junior or senior level status.
- Must meet all applicable course prequisite requirements, including minimum placement test scores, as established for Project EXCEL course participation (for detailed information, view the Course Listing & Placement Chart).
- Must adhere to all program requirements and guidelines as outlined in the Policies and Procedures and Student Handbook (see file below).
- Contact your high school guidance counselor or teacher to determine which VU courses are available for dual credit at your high school or career center.
- Determine whether you meet the course prerequisite requirements for each course as listed in the Course Listing and Placement Chart.
- Registration forms are available from your teacher or counselor. Students must print legibly and fill in all requested information on the registration form, including both student and parent signatures.
Upon successful completion of a Project EXCEL course, the student may request an official Vincennes University transcript reflecting earned credits. Students must have met all financial obligations to the University before transcripts will be released. Click here for more information.