Indiana National Guard Supplement Grant
Through a partnership with the Indiana National Guard, the Commission guarantees 100% of tuition and regularly assessed fees for eligible members of the Indiana Air and Army National Guard. Students can attend either full-time or part-time and receive the National Guard Supplemental Grant (NGSG) but can only be used in the fall and spring semesters.
Indiana National Guard Requirements
- Must be a member of the Indiana National Guard in active drilling status**
- Must not have been AWOL at any time during the 12 months prior to their enrollment in college for any academic term**
- Must have all required ING paperwork submitted and approved to their ING education office prior to the start of classes (each semester). Forms and submission processes differ by ING branch. Students should contact their unit commander for details.
**PLEASE NOTE: Students must contact their unit commander for certification and must be recertified each semester to receive the NGSG.
State Financial Aid Requirements
- Must be a high school graduate or hold a GED (ING might have other restrictions)
- Must file the FAFSA by March 10 prior to the academic year of intended enrollment (applies to full-time and part-time students; please allow 5-7 business days for processing)
- Must be seeking first Associate or Bachelor’s degree at a State college or university (please view the Eligible Indiana Institutions for details)
- Must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements as established by the institution
- Must have filed an application for and, if applicable, used any federal and state financial assistance available to attend a State institution