Assistant Professor/Academic Coach
Education and Licensure/Certifications
- Associate of Science, Nursing, Vincennes Univesity-Jasper 2006
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Western Governors University 2018
- Master of Science, Nursing Education, Western Governors University 2019
- Certified Medical Surgical Registered Nurse, 2013
- Certified Youth Mental Health First Aid Provider, 2019
- Faith Community Nurse, 2017
- Registered Nurse, Indiana
Teaching and Work experience
Teaches Nursing Fundamentals, Medical Surgical Nursing, Roles of the Professional Nurse
Work experience includes 14 years at Memorial Hospital and Healthcare Center in Jasper, IN as a bedside nurse on the Post-Surgical Unit. During that time, Professor Jones served as a clinical mentor and preceptor for new nurses as well as a clinical preceptor for Vincennes University Jasper Campus senior ASN students and University of Southern Indiana BSN students. Professor Jones also held positions as the Post-Surgical Unit Council Chairperson and Co-Chairperson and Chairperson of Memorial Hospital’s Organizational Nurse Practice Council during her employment with the organization.
Professor Jones is very passionate about educating future generations of nurses not only to be excellent clinicians but also caring and compassionate advocates for the patient populations that they serve. She believes that in order to advance the profession of nursing, students should be challenged to strive for excellence in the classroom and in the clinical setting as well as being committed to lifelong learning and advocacy. Professor Jones teaches in the PN and ASN programs.