Aviation Ground School Program for High School Students
The Aviation Technology Center High School Flight program allows high school students to earn 3 high school credits and 9 college credits that can lead to an Aviation Flight Technology Certificate and Private Pilot Rating. Navigation, meteorology, radio, communications, Federal Air Regulations, theory of aerodynamics, aircraft performance specifications, weight and balance, aircraft engines, accessories, and propellers will all be covered.
To be admitted to the aviation ground school program for high school students, you must have appropriate CPTS placement test scores, and written permission from your high school guidance counselor. For more information, please contact the Aviation Technology Center at 317-381-6000 or email an inquiry to ATC@vinu.edu.
- Vincennes University - Vincennes Campus
- Financial Aid Information
- Indiana Secondary Market - ISM Education Loans provides students and families a variety of information and solutions for paying for higher education with the least debt possible.
- Purdue University - VU has an articulation agreement with Purdue, meaning your VU credits transfer to Purdue to earn your four year degree.
- Job Corps - Job Corps is a no-cost education and career technical training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps young people ages 16 through 24 improve the quality of their lives through career technical and academic training
High School Information
- Area 31 Career Center - Wayne Township, Indianapolis
- Blue River Career Center - Shelbyville, IN
- Central Nine Career Center - Greenwood, IN
- Hoosier Hills Career Center - Bloomington, IN
- IMSTEA - Indiana Mathematics, Science and Technology Education Alliance
- J Everett Light Career Center - Washington Township, Indianapolis
- McKenzie Career Center - Lawrence Township, Indianapolis
- Muncie Area Career Center - Muncie, IN
- Walker Career Center - Warren Township, Indianapolis