admissions (online)


Full application process must be completed 14 days or more from the start date of a semester to be eligible for enrollment. The student may be given the option of courses that have later start dates when available. Final approval to enroll into courses is contingent on completion of the full application process.

Apply Now

Online Majors

Is Online Education Right For You?


Admission Criteria

Prospective degree seeking students are required to provide the following for admissions to VU Distance Education:

  1. a high school diploma, -or-
  2. an official General Educational Development (GED) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) transcript, -or-
  3. 24 hours of postsecondary credit from a regionally-accredited institution. If you would like to transfer in credits from another institution, please be sure to provide an official transcript (transcript mailed from another college or university directly to Vincennes University Registrar's Office) from each college attended. *Note: Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous institution and cannot be 'issued to student.'

All high school or GED/TASC transcripts must be official and can be faxed from the originating institution to the Distance Education Office at 812-888-2054.

Also, please note that our office now requires a copy of photo ID for admission/readmission.

You will be required to include one of the following as an attachement to your submitted application.

    -   Current Drivers License
    -   Current State ID
    -   Current Passport

Returning Students

Students returning to VU after sitting out one or more semesters must complete the readmission process for Distance Education:

  1. Reapply for admission to VU indicating that you are a 'returning student' when selecting your applicant type.
  2. Make sure you still have access to your student MyVU account.
    - If you no longer remember your MyVU password you can submit a password reset request here: MyVU Password Reset
    - If you continue to have issues accessing your account, please contact the IT Help Desk at 812-888-4332 or email
  3. Check your MyVU student account for any holds that prevent enrollment.
  4. Make sure all Financial Aid requirements have been completed. 
  5. Contact our office for registration information at 812-888-5900 or

Non-Degree Seeking/Guest Students

Students who are not wishing to seek a full degree from VU and plan to take 11 credit hours or less in their semester of admission will need to complete the Non-Degree Seeking Admission Application for VU here: Non-Degree Seeking Application.

Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to use state or federal financial aid with VU.

If a non-degree seeking student wishes to enroll in a course that has a prerequisite they will need to show readiness to take said course via necessary placement exams or showing completion of prerequisite with another institution.

High School Students (Non-Early College or Projet Excel)

High school and home schooled students (must be current junior or senior) can seek admission to Distance Edcuation as non-degree seeking students in order to enroll directly with VU Distance Education for online classes if their high school does not offer the requested class and if the student meets the class prerequisite at a college level.

Please contact Distance Education at or at 812-888-5900 for more information on the admission process for high school students.

High school students taking Distance Education courses are subject to the regular tuition rates, and do not receive the discounts associated with Early College or Project Excel. Students who enroll in classes with Distance Education prior to high school graduation or equivalent are not eligible to use state or federal financial aid.

(High school students who are participants in Project Excel or Early College should contact their high school counselor for information on those programs.)

Do I need a placement exam?

Students who do not place directly into college level Math and English courses based on high school GPA or awarded transfer credit are required to complete the Accuplacer Placement Exam.

To schedule your Accuplacer Placement Exam, please contact the Testing Center at 812-888-5404 or

    -   Testing Instructions & Locations
    -   Practice Sites
    -   Special accommodations for students with disabilities

Transfer Credit

Have you already taken college courses with another institution? You can send an official transcript to VU for evaluation.

We can accept official transcripts either via paper mail, or via a secure PDF email. Transcripts must be sent to VU directly from your previous institution(s) to be considered official.

Official transcripts can be submitted to the following:

Paper Mail:

Vincennes University Registrar's Office
1002 North First Street - WAB 01
Vincennes, IN 47591

Electronic PDF email:

Indiana Core Transfer Library:
Did you take courses at another Indiana institution? See how your credits might transfer to Vincennes University:

Military Transcript Evaluations
Veteran or active duty students can request to have their military transcripts sent to VU for evaluation of transfer credit.

Financial Aid/Veteran's Support Services

Financial Aid
Distance Education students seeking the use of any type of state or federal Financial Aid can find it here.

The Financial Aid Office can be reached at the following:


Veteran's Support Services
For more information on how to obtain your Military Education benefits, please contact:

Kristen Phillips, School Certifying Official
Phone: 812-888-5421

Tuition and Academic Fees

Tuition and academic fees for Distance Education courses can be found here.

State Authorizations

Vincennes University is a proud participant in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA), which allows VU to offer online course work to residents of SARA member states. VU Distance Education can also offer online courses to residents of some select states that are not members of the SARA program.

Please consult the information at the following link to find out if you are able to pursue admission and enrollment with VU Distance Education: State Authorizations

ready to begin?