- For non-degree seeking students wanting to take a few classes at a time (11 credit hours or less), please contact Michelle Strate at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 812.888.4091
- Non-degree seeking students who are in high school: Enrollment is open to junior or senior high school students. Please contact Michelle Strate at email@example.com or at 812.888.4091. (High school students who are participants in Project Excel or Early College contact the high school counselor for information.)
*Please note that the full application process must be completed 14 days or more from the start date of a semester to be eligible for enrollment. The student may be given the option of courses that have later start dates when available. Final approval to enroll into courses is contingent on completion of the full application process.
*Vincennes University is a proud participant in the State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA), which allows VU to offer online course work to residents of SARA member states. VU Distance Education can also offer online courses to residents of some select states that are not members of the SARA program. Please consult the information at the following link to find out if you are able to pursue admission and enrollment with VU Distance Education: State Authorizations
Prospective degree seeking students are required to provide the following for admissions to VU Distance Education:
- a high school diploma, or
- an official General Educational Development (GED) or Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) transcript, or
- 24 hours of postsecondary credit from a regionally-accredited institution. If you would like to transfer in credits from another institution, please be sure to provide an official transcript (transcript mailed from another college or university directly to Vincennes University Registrar's Office) from each college attended. *Note: Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the previous institution and cannot be 'issued to student.'
All high school or GED/TASC transcripts must be official and can be faxed from the originating institution to the Distance Education Office at 812-888-2054.
Steps after Acceptance to Distance Education
1. Schedule your Accuplacer Placement Exam. Contact the Assessment Center at 812-888-5404
- Accuplacer Placement Exam
- Special accommodations for students with disabilities
2. Students needing any type of Financial Aid can find information at:
The Financial Aid Office can be reached at 812-888-4361 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Veteran's Support Services: Kristen Phillips 812-888-5421 or email@example.com
3. Contact your DE academic advisor to help you register for classes.
Not sure who your advisor is? Contact Distance Education at 812-888-5900
4. MyVU Student Account
After being admitted to Vincennes University, you will receive your MyVU account information via USPS. You will find your class schedule, unofficial transcript, and financial aid information at: click the "SSB" Self Service Banner link.
5. Purchase course materials: VU Bookstore
Students are expected to have reliable access to a computer with internet access. A webcam is required for test proctoring for students not in the local area of Vincennes campus.
Students returning to VU after sitting out one or more semesters must complete the following steps:
1. Reapply for admissions as a 'previous student'
2. Re-activate the student MyVU account
3. Check the student account for any holds
4. Make sure all Financial Aid requirements have been completed
5. Contact our office for registration information at 812-888-5900
Have you already taken college courses with another institution? You can send an official transcript to VU for evaluation.
We can accept official transcripts either via paper mail, or via a secure PDF email.
Transcripts must be sent to VU directly from your previous institution(s).
Official transcripts can be submitted to the following:
1002 North First Street - WAB 01
Vincennes, IN 47591
Electronic PDF email:
Did you take courses at another Indiana institution?
See how your credits might transfer to Vincennes University: www.transferin.net