"I received the Grabbe-Utley Scholarship from VU while I was in high school. It is a scholarship that let me go to VU for two years for free and then to another college of my choice for two years. I liked VU so much that I decided to pursue a bachelor’s degree in Nursing from there. VU was the right choice for me."
About This Degree
Estimated Program Length
Registered nurses who have graduated from a nationally accredited associate degree or diploma nursing program may apply for admission to the Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program and earn a baccalaureate in nursing. The program is designed to provide professional registered nurses the opportunity to achieve advancement in their careers and seek leadership and management roles in the healthcare setting. The program offers experiences in various health care settings, including leadership and community nursing.
The RN to BSN Completion program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Information on accreditation status may be obtained by contacting the ACEN. They may be contacted at the following address: ACEN, Inc., 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326; 404-975-5000; or www.acenursing.org.
- 100% Online
- On-campus faculty dedicated to your success!
- Coursework that is relevant to your job as a nurse
- Curriculum that prepares you for employment and educational advancement
- Early completion credit for RN work experience or by a proctored exam
- Tuition deferment available
- Scholarships available
At the completion of the RN-BSN Completion program, the graduate will:
- Provide leadership through collaboration, teamwork, and the utilization of nursing informatics to improve patient care across the lifespan in a variety of settings.
- Utilize research to enhance nursing judgment in order to provide safe and quality care across the lifespan and in a variety of settings.
- Provide holistic, culturally sensitive, and patient-centered care across the lifespan in a variety of settings.
- Model professionalism by incorporating the BSN Essentials while adhering to the registered nursing practice standards.
- Apply health promotion and preventative care at individual and population levels.
- Explore factors that impact healthcare.