“I previously attended VU for Surgical Technology and when I decided to come back to school for nursing; I didn’t even debate going to another college. Vincennes was my first choice. I feel that the nursing at VU is the best in this area.”
Nursing, ASN Completion Concentration for Licensed Practical Nurses (Jasper)
Associate of Science Transfer
About This Degree
Estimated Program Length
A Two-Year Restricted Admission Program Leading to the A.S. Degree
This program satisfies the Nursing Transfer Single Articulation Pathway (TSAP) created under Indiana Senate Enrolled Act 182 passed in 2013. Entrance into the ASN Completion program will permit students to obtain credit for the first-year Associate of Science Nursing Program courses and enter the second year of the program. Graduates of the Associate of Science Nursing Program earn an Associate of Science in Nursing and are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN).
The curriculum provides a balance between general education and nursing. The nursing faculty provides instruction and guidance in the College Learning Laboratory, hospitals, community mental health centers, community agencies, and other healthcare facilities. Transportation related to clinical experiences is the responsibility of the student. Applicants are accepted into the ASN-RN Completion program only one time annually.The ASN Completion Concentration for Licensed Practical Nurses program is accredited by the Indiana State Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Information on accreditation status may be obtained by contacting the ACEN. They may be contacted at the following address: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, Inc.), 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326 (1-404-975-5000), or www.acenursing.org.
At the completion of the Associate of Science in Nursing Program, the graduate will:
- Collaborate with members of the healthcare team incorporating nursing informatics to manage care for patients and families across the lifespan in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Utilize nursing judgment to provide safe and quality care for patient populations across the lifespans.
- Provide holistic patient-centered care utilizing cultural sensitivity for diverse individuals, families, and groups.
- Demonstrate professionalism and leadership skills while adhering to registered nurse practice standards.
- Provide health promotion and preventative care for individuals, families, and groups.