Behavioral Sciences, Psychology Concentration, A.S. Transfer
Associate of Science Transfer
About This Degree
Estimated Program Length
The mission of the Psychology Department is to enable students to think critically about behavioral and mental processes, to promote understanding and respect for human diversity, foster values of responsible citizenry and lifelong learning, and generate appreciation of how psychology contributes to the improvement of the human condition.
The study of Psychology provides the background for a broad range of careers, including social and health services, education, business, and law. Through a comprehensive approach, the Vincennes University Psychology Department educates students enrolled as majors by preparing them for transfer to baccalaureate programs and complete general education requirements. The Psychology Department also educates many nonmajors each semester to enhance their general knowledge.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students who complete course work in the Psychology Department will be able to:
- evaluate behavior and mental processes using major psychological concepts and theoretical perspectives.
- identify the historical foundation and evolution of psychology as a science.
- evaluate major research methods used in psychology.
- communicate critical analysis of psychological principles.
- apply psychological principles to enhance understanding and solutions/treatment for real-world personal, social, and organizational issues.
Based on the American Psychological Association (APA) Guidelines for the Undergraduate Psychology Major.