Life Assistance Program (LAP)
• 24-hour telephonic consultation from CIGNA’s licensed clinicians
• Up to 3 face-to-face counseling sessions per issue, per year (can quote up to 5)
• Unlimited access to online research and other key resources
• Healthy Rewards® discount program
• Life events research and qualified referrals
• Legal consultation. Receive a 30-minute free consultation and up to a 25 percent discount on select fees.
• Parenting. Receive guidance on child development, sibling rivalry, separation anxiety and much more.
• Senior care. Learn about challenges and solutions associated with caring for an aging loved one.
• Child care. Whether you need care all day or just after school, find a place that’s right for your family.
• Pet care. From grooming to boarding to veterinary services, find what you need to care for your pet.
• Temporary back-up care. Don’t let an unplanned event get the best of you – find back-up child care
• Online resources
• Monthly telephonic seminars
• Extension to uninsured populations available
• Critical incident services are available for purchase by LAP clients through a separate contract with Health Solutions per incident.
• Critical incident services are available for purchase on a reactive basis (at the time of the situation) through Health Solutions. Clients are billed directly by Health Solutions at $625/hour and per location.
• Eligible employees includes those individuals (and their immediate households) covered by the plan. Employees eligible for the LAP plan as of the date of coverage who go on COBRA are entitled to use the LAP services for the duration of their COBRA-covered period. Files: