Who May Borrow
The following groups are able to borrow materials by presenting a valid University ID card:
- VU Students
- VU Faculty
- VU Staff
Residents of Indiana and of four nearby counties in Illinois (Crawford, Richland, Lawrence, and Wabash) who are 16 years or older may borrow library materials by presenting a valid drivers license at the Lending Services Desk. There is no charge for a community borrowers card. Persons under age 16 may check out materials on their parent's card. The parent should be in attendance.
Patrons are responsible for knowing when items are due and therefore are responsible for any overdue charges incurred. Please note due dates are printed on receipts at the time of check-out.
- VU Students: Items are usually due 28 days after check-out. Because the loan period is lengthy, items may NOT be renewed. (Please note toward the end of the semester, loan periods are shortened so all items are due during the last week of classes.) Students may have 12 items checked out in their name.
- VU Faculty & Staff: Items may be checked out for a semester and may also be renewed. Faculty/Staff will receive a courtesy email when items are overdue.
- Community Borrowers: Items are usually due 28 days after check-out and may NOT be renewed. Community patrons may have 5 items checked out in their name.
iPad checkout periods:
- VU Faculty and Staff: 2 days, no renewals
- VU Students: 7 hours, no renewals
- Community members: no borrowing privileges at this time
- All iPads must be returned to a staff member at the Lending Services Desk. iPads should never be returned to the book drop outside the library.
When returning items, users are encouraged to ask for receipts and then save them for their own protection. If a receipt is wanted, please inform staff before check-in. If not, place items on the front counter or deposit in the outside Book Return.