Library Instruction Sessions
Library instruction sessions are provided for faculty and classes as requested, in the library, or in your own smart classroom. The librarians at Shake Library will work with you to determine the unique needs of your class and tailor instruction to meet those needs. To schedule, contact the liaison librarian for your college directly. Please schedule at least two weeks in advance to allow time for librarian preparation and for classroom scheduling.
Topics in which librarians can provide instruction include, but are not limited to:
- Basic Library Skills
- Print and Electronic Resources
- Research Databases
- Using Citation Manuals
- Subject-Specific Resources
- Evaluating Information found on the Free Web
- Using Google
- Avoiding Plagiarism
Shake Library Reserve Collection
- You should allow 24 hours from receipt of request for items to be processed and placed on the reserve shelves for checkout.
- Please fill out the Shake Library Course Reserve Request Form completely to ensure correct processing.
- The Last Date Needed will be used as a guideline for removing material from course reserve.
- Personal copies removed from course reserve will be returned to you via Campus Mail.
- Library books removed from course reserve will be returned to the library collection.
- To view your list of reserve items, use OneVU -> Search -> Course Reserves. Search by Name, Course Name, Department, or Title. Search by “*” to see all Course Reserves.
- For information call Debbie (812)888-4167 or Jamie (812)888-5134.
To place a resource on reserve, please use the course reserve form located below and follow the instructions to ensure that staff can retrieve and process items in a timely manner.