Library Services for Faculty
Library Instruction Sessions
Library instruction sessions are provided for faculty and classes as requested. The librarians at Shake Library will work with you to determine the unique needs of your class and tailor instruction to meet those needs. To schedule, please click the link below to fill out the Library Instruction Request Form. Have questions? Contact the liaison librarian for your college directly. Please schedule at least two weeks in advance to allow time for librarian preparation. Please Note: There are no classrooms in the Library available for scheduling.
Topics in which librarians can provide instruction include, but are not limited to:
Basic Library Skills
Print and Electronic Resources
Evaluating Information (Information Literacy)
Request Library Instruction
To request Library Instruction, please click the link below and fill out the form.
Library Packet, Guides, & Assignments
The Librarians of Shake Library have put together general subject guides to assist with class research. To view these guides by college, check out our Library Guides & Sources page.
To request a guide or library assignment on a specific subject, please contact the liaison librarian for your college directly.
To help you introduce your students to effective research practices, the Librarians have put together two packets of worksheets which cover library resources and information literacy.
To download click here:
Looking for ways to add Library resources to your Blackboard courses? Check out our guides below to learn how to link eBooks and articles from our databases to your Blackboard courses. For assistance with Blackboard, please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning at 812-888-5611 or 812-888-5750.
Films on Demand (provided by MATC Libraries)
Gale (provided by MATC Libraries)
Nexis Uni (provided by MATC Libraries)
ProQuest (provided by MATC Libraries)
Shake Library Reserve Collection
Course Reserve Information
- You should allow 24 hours from receipt of request for items to be processed and placed on the reserve shelves for checkout.
- Please fill out the Shake Library Course Reserve Request Form completely to ensure correct processing.
- The Last Date Needed will be used as a guideline for removing material from course reserve.
- Personal copies removed from course reserve will be returned to you via Campus Mail.
- Library books removed from course reserve will be returned to the library collection.
- To view your list of reserve items, use OneVU -> Search -> Course Reserves. Search by Name, Course Name, Department, or Title. Search by “*” to see all Course Reserves.
- For information call Debbie (812)888-4167 or Jamie (812)888-5134.
To place a resource on reserve, please use the course reserve form located below and follow the instructions to ensure that staff can retrieve and process items in a timely manner.