Enrollment Information

To help alleviate any enrollment difficulties, these policies are outlined to assist you in the enrollment process.
Full-time Student Status
12 credits during the Fall and Spring semesters is equivalent to full-time enrollment. You must be enrolled in 12 credits for the entire semester to remain in full-time status. Full-time enrollment for Summer sessions as well as shorter Fall and Spring terms are calculated on a semester hour equivalency. Students will only receive benefits for the actual days they are enrolled in a semester.
Request Enrollment Certification
You are required to complete the Request for Certification form each semester and submit it to our office. We cannot report your enrollment information to the VA without your signature on the form.
VA Education Benefits Student Agreement
You will need to sign a VA Education Benefits Student Agreement before being certified. This outlines important information you need to know regarding your education benefits and only has to been filled out once. Please maintain a copy for your records and we will be sure to keep a copy in your student folder in VSS.
Permission to Release Student Information
Each student will need to complete a Permission to Release Student Information form if you want a parent, spouse, third party to be able to discuss your student account. VSS will not discuss student account information with your parents/spouse without your written consent. This a completely voluntary. If you do not wish for anyone to be able to discuss your student account with VSS, you do not need to complete this form.
Verifying Enrollment
You are responsible for verifying your attendance for Chapters 30, 1606, and 1607: The number to call to confirm monthly enrollment to the Veteran’s Administration is 1-877-823-2378. You may call anytime beginning the last day of the month. If you do not call, a payment will not be issued. You may also verify enrollment by online using WAVE.
Distance Education Programs
Students receiving benefit payment under the Post-9/11 GI Bill® will receive a reduced BAH (Basic Allowance for Housing) if all their classes are being taken online. Additionally, the VA will not cover the costs of developmental courses taken online.
Withdrawal from Classes
All changes in enrollment must be reported to Veterans Support Services immediately. This includes adds, drops, withdrawals, and changes of program. Delayed reporting of changes could result in an overpayment from the VA. Administrative corrections to certifications to adhere to VA Policy may result in a student debt either to VU or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
If you are a military student who is activated or reactivated during the semester, you should contact Veterans Support Services at 812-888-5421. You will need to complete a withdrawal form and submit a copy of your active duty orders.

Please note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.