Next Level Jobs for Students
Eligible students can qualify for Workforce Ready Grant funds from the State of Indiana!
The grant covers full tuition costs and regularly assessed fees* for eligible Hoosiers who pursue select credit bearing certificates with VU in one of the following high-growth sectors of Indiana’s economy: advanced manufacturing, building & construction, health & life sciences, information technology & business services, and transportation & logistics. (*Regularly assessed fees include Technology Fees and Capital Improvement Fees associated with each credit hour enrolled, as well as student activity fees for campus students. It does not cover the cost of textbooks, tool kits, uniforms, lab fees or housing.) The grant also provides up to $5,500.00 for eligible students who pursue a Next Level Jobs approved non-credit bearing training program with the University.
To qualify for a Workforce Ready Grant, one must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Must be an Indiana Resident and a U.S. Citizen (or eligible resident)
- Must possess a high school diploma (or equivalent)
- Must not possess a college degree
(Previous degree requirement waived until 12/30/20)
- Maintain Satsifactory Academic Progress
- Must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for your desired academic year [Only for Credit Bearing Programs]
- Must enroll in one of the approved grant qualifying programs. (See Below)
- Credit-bearing programs: Enroll as a full-time student for federal financial aid (typically four courses)
· If you are a Dependent Student for federal financial aid purposes.
- Credit-bearing programs: Enroll at least as half-time student for federal financial aid (typically two courses)
· If you are an Independent Student for federal financial aid purposes.
The full grant eligibility requirements can be found here: http://www.nextleveljobs.org/workforce-ready-grant.html.
Qualifying Credit Bearing Programs
*Click each area of industry to see the credit bearing NLJ qualifying programs VU offers in that area. Campuses where program is offered in parentheses.
Building & Construction
Health & Life Sciences
I.T. & Business Services
Transportation & Logistics
Qualifying Non-Credit Bearing Programs
*Click each area of industry to see the non-credit bearing NLJ qualifying programs VU offers in that area.
Federal funding through the CARES Act has enabled the temporary expansion of Next Level Jobs as part of the Rapid Recovery for a Better Future initiative. This expansion temporarily allows for funding of certain programs and extends eligibility to Hoosiers who have an existing two- or four-year degree. These Rapid Recovery Expansion programs and eligibility will expire December 30, 2020.
NOTE: All training programs expiring on December 30th are specified as a Rapid Recovery Program Enhancement.
Health & Life Sciences
Transportation & Logisitcs
How to Get Started:
Credit Bearing Programs:
- Make sure to indicate on the application that you are participating in the NextLevel Jobs initiative to have your application fee waived.
- FAFSA = Free Application for Federal Student Aid. File it annually to be eligible for federal financial aid and state grants. Some scholarship donors also require filing the FAFSA. Vincennes University's college code is 001843. All campuses of VU—Vincennes, Jasper, Aviation Technology Center, and American Sign Language Program—use this number.
Non-Credit Training Program:
- See your program of interest above for more information.