Higher Education Relief Fund Reporting - Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
Public Notice: Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
Reporting as of May15, 2020
- Vincennes University acknowledges that we have signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement. VU intends to use no less than 50% of the funds under the CARES Act as emergency financial aid grants to students.
- Total amount of funds we will receive or have received from the Department for emergency grants for students totals $2,433,264.
- Total amount of CARES Act emergency grant funds distributed to date is $2,340,700.
- The estimated total number of students eligible for Title IV aid and thus eligible for emergency grants for students is 2,798.
- The total number of students who have received an emergency grant under the CARES Act totals 2,794.
- Grants were distributed in a formulated approach based upon enrollment and Pell Grant eligibility as determined by the submission of the 2019-2020 FAFSA. Awards were distributed to students who were registered in the Spring 2020 semester and eligible for Federal Title IV Financial Aid at that time.
- Instructions related to the emergency grants are provided on VU’s website and students were sent emails outlying what the funding is intended to be used for and the approach the University used to determine each award.