Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA)

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is a form that determines your eligibility for low- or no-interest student loans as well as grants at the federal and state level. Completing this form will ensure you receive the maximum financial aid, even if you plan on using Veterans Education Benefits. To qualify for State of Indiana grants, residents of Indiana need to file the FAFSA annually no later than April 15th. Visit the FAFSA Website to fill out and submit the application.

*Washington State residents seeking information and resources about student loan repayment or seeking to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer should visit the State of Washington loan advocacy website.


60% of VU students receive financial assistance to pay for college -- including more than $1 million in scholarships and grants. At VU, we do our best to make applying for scholarships simple.

After you submit the VU scholarship application, the VU Foundation Office takes care of finding the scholarships you are eligible for in the VU scholarship listing.  Those who file by January 15 each year are considered first, but scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis. Apply for scholarships online now.

You can also try a safe, free scholarship search site like  They match the profile you give them of yourself to their database of scholarships and grants. If you try other scholarship search sites, check their privacy policy, and don't ever pay anyone to look for scholarships.

Coast Guard Foundation Scholarship

The Scholarship Program provides information and resources on financial assistance to members of Team Coast Guard.

The Scholarship Program is available to the following members of Team Coast Guard:

  • Active Duty, Reserve, Retirees and their dependents
  • Civil Service employees
  • Exchange System and MWR employees

For more information visit the Unites States Coast Guard Office of Work-Life Programs – Scholarship Program website.


Military spouses wishing to use MyCAA to fund their education should visit the Military OneSource website to learn how to get started.

Ready to Begin?