1. Apply for admission to Vincennes University.

You can apply online here.  Military students interested in completing course work on military installations should contact their local representatives to apply and register for site based instruction.

2. Apply for Veterans Education Benefits

You can apply for your VA Education Benefits online at If you have previously used your benefits at another institution, you will need to use this site to update your place of training.  The VA will not process certifications submitted by VU if you have not notified them of your change in schools.  Once your application is approved, the VA will send you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). You will need to provide a copy of your COE to Veterans Support Services so that we can submit your enrollment to the VA.

3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, is a form that determines your eligibility for low- or no-interest student loans as well as grants at the federal and state level. Completing this form will ensure you receive the maximum financial aid, even if you plan on using Veterans Education Benefits. To qualify for State of Indiana grants, residents of Indiana need to file the FAFSA annually no later than April 15th. Visit the FAFSA Website to fill out and submit the application.

4. Submit Military Transcripts and/or College Transcripts

In order to use your VA Education Benefits at VU, you must have your military experience and previous college coursework evaluated for transfer credit.

In order to request a copy of your military transcript use one of the following links:

College transcripts should be sent to the VU Registrar's Office for evaluation of tranfer credit. Transcripts must be sent directly from the previous institution to VU to be considered official. Electonic transcripts can be sent to  Paper transcripts can be mailed to the address below:

Vincennes University
Registrar's Office
1002 North First Street - WAB 01
Vincennes, IN 47591

5. Apply for Scholarships

While it is not mandatory, we encourage all students to complete the VU scholarship application.  You can apply for VU scholarships here.

6. Register for Classes

When you are admitted to VU, you will be assigned to an academic advisor who will help you design your class schedule for your first semester.

I'm registered for classes, now what?

Once you are registered for courses, you will need to submit the following forms so that Veterans Support Services can certify your enrollment to the VA.

  1. Certificate of Eligibility (or Statement of Benefits from
  2. Request for Certification Form (this form must be completed EACH semester)
  3. VA Student Benefit Agreement Form
  4. Permission to Release Student Information Form

Your enrollment certification will be submitted to the VA no later than 30 days after the start of the term or 30 days after the receipt of your paperwork, whichever is later. VSS generally begins submitting certifications 30 days prior to the start of the term. Early submission = early certification.

Ready to Begin?