Welcome - Curriculum and Instruction
Curriculum and Instruction
Curriculum and Instruction Office
Mission and Outcomes
The mission of the Office of Curriculum and Instruction is to support the faculty and assist the Provost with a range of academic issues including instruction, advising, and transfer. The Assistant Provost for Curriculum and Instruction (APCI) provides leadership for faculty, department chairs, college deans, and administrators in the development and assessment of VU courses at all sites. The APCI oversees the work of the Registrar as well as the production of the catalog and schedule, with additional oversight of the Academic Advising, Assessment Testing, Awards of Excellence, Center for Teaching & Learning, COPE/Experience VU, General Education Committee/UCC, Honors Program, Learning Support Services, Library Services, Student Success Center and the Summer Bridge Program. This Office maintains University curriculum records, coordinates the development of articulation agreements, and serves as VU liaison to the Commission for Higher Education regarding Statewide Transfer and Articulation Committee, the CTL Subcommittee, and Single Articulation Pathways Leadership panel.
The APCI and staff members of the Office of Curriculum and Instruction will:
- Develop VU courses and course delivery in conjunction with faculty.
- Facilitate assessment of student learning, particularly general education courses at VU.
- Train personnel for academic advising and support advising efforts system-wide.
- Coordinate efforts system-wide for student success, from initial advising through grad audit and transfer.
- Support and initiate articulation agreements.
- Participate in statewide efforts, including but not limited to ICHE, to promote student success through persistence, completion, and transfer as VU students seek educational credentials on their pathways to meaningful careers.
Trailblazer Teaching Academy
Office of Curriculum and Instruction
WAB, Room 138
1002 North 1st Street
Vincennes, IN 47591
Rick Kribs, Assistant Provost of Curriculum and Instruction
Kathy Williams, Secretary
Sherril Carter, Curriculum Specialist