Financial Aid/Scholarships - Educational Talent Search
ETS Financial Aid
ETS Student Financial Aid
What kinds of student financial aid are available?
Because price is important to many students and parents, here is some basic financial aid information:
- Grants do not need to be repaid. Some are awarded based on financial need; others recognize academic ability or performance in areas such as music, or athletics.
- There are many scholarships sponsored by foundations, corporations, or other organizations.
- Loans must be repaid, usually starting after graduation. Many education loans feature low interest rates and generous payback schedules.
- Subsidized Loans
Subsidized loans are awarded to students based on financial need. Students who receive a subsidized loan will not be charged interest before repayment of the loan begins. The federal government subsidizes the interest of the loan during the time the student is attending college.onsors a number of student loan programs, as do some private lenders and colleges themselves.
- Unsubsidized Loans
Unsubsidized loans are not awarded on financial need. Students who receive an unsubsidized loan will be charged interest from the time the money is disbursed and continue to accrue interest until the loan is paid in full. The interest is also capitalized, which means the student will pay interest on the amount of interest that has already accrued.
- Jobs on campus or during summer breaks provide income to offset expenses and can be important sources of experience.
Indiana offers two special programs:
- Twenty-First Century Scholars Program: Provides substantial grants to students from low and moderate-income families
Indiana Family College Saving Plan: An innovative state program that provides significant tax benefits to families who save for their children’s education.
Have questions about Financial Aid? Listed below are some questions and web links to help you.
What is the FAFSA and how do I apply?
How do I obtain a FAFSA ID?
What happens next after filling out the FAFSA?
Please check carefully the data site that collects personal financial data.
Vanderburg County Community Foundation
Black Excel College Help Network
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
Gates Millenium Scholars Program
Test Prep Site