COVID-19 Student Relief Fund
So much has changed in the last month because of COVID-19. These are uncertain times as how we work, teach and study changes each day.
Together we will get through this.
The VU Foundation, under its BLAZERS GIVE initiative, has established a COVID-19 Student Relief Fund to help students facing unexpected struggles. The fund will support students like the:
- 279 students who worked on campus before the COVID-19 crisis. Many students were also employed by local businesses, especially the food service and retail industry;
- 153 students who earned financial aid support through work study employment; and
- 43 students who could not return home including international students stopped by travel restrictions, students who other than campus housing were homeless, or because of other challenges.
By giving to the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund you can help fill the gaps in:
- remaining financial costs,
- access as students made the switch to online learning,
- food insecurity, and
- other education-related costs.
*A Matching Gift program is in place until May 14, 2020 or if donations reach $5,000 before that date. This means your gift will be doubled if made before the May 14 deadline or before donations reach $5,000 (the maximum matching total).
Give Today to the COVID-19 Student Relief Fund
Thank you for your support. You are helping to bring stability to students impacted by this crisis
For students seeking assistance, please contact the Foundation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.