Student Support Services/Disability
The mission of Experience VU Student Support Services: Disability is to increase retention, graduation, and/or transfer to a four-year institution through person-centered planning approaches that enhance academic, financial, personal, and social development for students with disabilities or students with disabilities who meet a certain income guideline.
Experience VU Services
- Computer lab with open tutoring, assistive technology, and free printing
- Study-friendly and sensory-free lounge
- One-on-one meetings with Experience VU Educational Coaches
- Academic advising assistance
- FAFSA and scholarship assistance
- Monthly workshops covering topics such as student life, workforce readiness, and other aspects of college success
- Transfer assistance to four-year institutions
- Cultural experiences, game night, and other social activities
Experience VU Student Support Services is designed to support students with disabilities. Applying students are accepted on the basis of:
- Potential success and need assessment (included in application)
- Informal interview with an Experience VU staff member
- Available space
Since this program is funded through a federal grant, no additional cost will be charged to the student. Early application to the program is encouraged as enrollment is limited.
You may apply by completing this form and clicking "Submit Application" at the bottom
How to Find Us
Experience VU Student Support Services is housed on the 4th floor in Davis Hall. Contact us by email at ExperienceVU@vinu.edu or by calling 812-888-4061.
Experience VU Staff
Amy Tewell & Jane Carie