Welcome - Cisco
Cisco Academy Support Center (ASC)
The Vincennes University Information Technology Department is a certified Cisco Network Academy Support Center.
Academy Support Center (ASC) provides support to other Cisco academies, stimulates the foundation of new academies, and promotes participation in training programs.
Cisco Network Academy organizes courses to reach the widest spectrum of participants. It represents a partnership among educational institutions, industry, government institutions, and non-profit organizations.
In addition to being an ASC, Vincennes University also has an on-campus Academy where Cisco Curriculum is used.
CISCO Curriculum is found in the following degrees at Vincennes University:
Spotlight on: Karen Diggs
- Instructor at Ben Davis Area 31
- Cisco Background: CCNA R & S I and II and various training opportunities.
- How CISCO has made a positive impact in their life: I love teaching Networking to students. CISCO has enabled me to teach Networking easier for students to understand. I can concentrate on teaching rather than building the materials to help students learn.
- Advice to students considering joining a CISCO class. life: Do it! Cisco provides the best educational materials and products for students to learn on and businesses to build their Networks with.
- Why Vincennes University chose to spotlight this Instructor: "Karen is passionate about student learning. She is very dedicated to continuing her own education and learning in Information Technology, so that she can pass along relevant information to her students. Her classroom is a very positive environment. We enjoy collaborating with Karen and really enjoy having her be a part of our Vincennes University Programs at Area 31 Career Center." - Jaci Lederman, IT Department Chair.
Spotlight on: Spencer Pyle
- Student at Vincennes University, Currently in the Bachelor of Science Concentration Information Technology Degree, Graduate of the Networking AS Degree 14'
- Cisco Background: Cisco Networking Academy, CCENT, CCNA.
- How CISCO has made a positive impact in their life: Learning Cisco technology has made a big impact on my career. When I was in high school, I just wanted to go into computer science, not knowing exactly what I wanted to do. After I attended the Cisco Networking Academy at Southern Indiana Career and Tech Center in Evansville, IN it helped me focus what I wanted to do for a life career.
- Advice to students considering joining a CISCO class. Knowledge of Cisco is a very powerful tool in today's IT Industry. Pursuing Cisco training or certifications will help you further understand how the world is hooked up together, Even if you do not go in the computer networking field.
- Why Vincennes University chose to spotlight this Student: "Spencer is always ready to learn, as he always engages in classroom activities. I am impressed that Spencer is studying for the CISCO Security certification on his own and not part of a class. He is dedicated to completing his four year degree in Information Technology here at VU, and already has an internship working in network administration that could lead to a full time opportunity after he graduates. He will no doubt he a spotlight alumni of VU" - Jaci Lederman, IT Department Chair.
Contact: Assistant Professor Greg Hirsch or IT Department Chair Jaci Lederman to find out more about becoming an ACS or taking your education and career further faster with our Cisco courses.