International Students Change of Information

International Students Change of Information

The Form I-20 indicates your:

  • Name
  • Country of birth & citizenship
  • Date of birth
  • Degree level (Bachelor's, Master's, PhD, other)
  • Degree program (school/ department)
  • Length of degree program
  • Funding source and amount

Changes to any information in those areas require a new Form I-20 be prepared by International Student Affairs.

Please fill out the change of information form.

Change of Address
A student must inform the DSO at the Office of International Student Affairs of any change of address within 10 days of the change. The address provided by the student must be the actual physical location where the student resides rather than a mailing address. All address updates must be made within 10 days of moving or USCIS can consider you to be in violation of your status and terminate your F-1 status.

Change of Education Level
Are you switching from an Associate’s Degree to a Bachelor’s Degree or vice versa? If so, request a new I-20 for a change of education level by following this process:

  1. Complete the Change of Information Request Form.
  2. Contact the Office of International Student Affairs at 812-888-4156 or to make an appointment.
    Bring the following documents to the appointment: 
  • Passport, visa and I-94 card
  • Current I-20
  • Completed Change of Education Level Request form
  • Admission letter for the new education level from the department
  • Original funding document