Students & Parents - Project Excel
Students & Parents
Students & Parents
Welcome, VU Project EXCEL students and parents! Congratulations on your decision to get a jump start on your college career. We are excited that you chose Indiana's first dual credit program, Project EXCEL, to accelerate and enrich your learning path. Project EXCEL courses are available to eligible high school students who meet all applicable course prerequisite and placement score requirements, established by Vincennes University and/or Project EXCEL. Please refer to the information below to begin the enrollment process, and learn more about the eBill procedures.
Benefits to Students:
- A way to fulfill Academic Honors and Technical Honors diploma requirements.
- Get an early start in college - prepare for the challenge of college coursework.
- Opportunity for hands-on experience in many career and technical courses.
- Only $25 per credit hour - a significant savings over traditional college tuition.
- Fee Waivers for students who qualify under the Free and Reduced lunch program.
- Fee Waivers for select Career and Technical Education courses.
- Must be a high school student with junior or senior level status, to enroll in most Project EXCEL courses. Eligible sophomores, having completed two years of the same high school foreign language, are permitted to enroll in first year VU dual credit foreign language courses.
- Must meet all applicable course prerequisite requirements, including minimum placement test scores, as established for Project EXCEL course participation (for detailed information, view the Course Listing & Placement Chart).
- Must adhere to all program requirements and guidelines as outlined in the Policies and Procedures and Student Handbook (see file below).
- Social Security Number Requirements: Social Security numbers are required to be submitted by all Project EXCEL students, if they are US citizens. Students must enter their SSN on the student registration carbonless forms, and if the student has their number available, on the OEF. If you have any questions, please refer to IRS Form W9-S Revised March 2008, Page 2, Part III. Requester Information - Penalties:
If you fail to furnish your correct SSN or ITIN to the requester, you are subject to a penalty of $50 unless your failure is due to reasonable cause and not to willful neglect.
If the requester discloses or uses your SSN or ITIN in violation of federal law, the requester may be subject to civil and criminal penalties.
- Contact your high school guidance counselor or teacher to determine which VU courses are available for dual credit at your high school or career center.
- Determine whether you meet the course prerequisite requirements for each course as listed in the Course Listing and Placement Chart.
- Students must complete the Project EXCEL online enrollment form, prior to submitting the course registration form.
- Course registration forms are available from your teacher or counselor. Students must print legibly and fill in all requested information on the registration form, including both student and parent signatures.
Our catalog and campus map are available online for your convenience:
- How to Retrieve MyVU Username and Password (View Online & Download)
- Student Handbook (View Online & Download)
- Student Release of Records Information Form (View Online & Download)
- Parent Verification and Request for Student Records (View Online & Download)
- Name Change Form (View Online & Download)
- Dual Credit Helpful Hints (View Online & Download)