INDIANA HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY (GED) TEST
Prepare for the Exam
To help you properly prepare for the exam, you should contact the Adult Basic Education office in your area so that you can take some of the classes to help you get ready. The ABE offices also have a practice test available to you. It's only about half as long as the official exam, and it doesn't cost anything to take. It's a great way to make sure you're ready!
The services that your ABE office provides don't cost anything, however, you must enroll in their program to take advantage of those services. But that's a simple process of calling the appropriate office and talking to one of the ABE counselors. They'll be glad to help you start studying and preparing to take the TASC test.
Adult Basic Education Agencies (ABE) and test Preparation Agencies
- IWD Lawrence Co. 812-279-4400
- N. Lawrence Comm. School Corp. 812-279-3561
GED on TV
GED INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
- Go to https://ged.com/
- Information for the Indiana GED test – Test Subjects, Pricing and IN State Rules, Test Scores, Scheduling, Accommodations and Online Testing Options
- Create your account, pay and schedule your GED test.
Read the following information carefully and completely.
- Eligibility: All Examinees must have resided in Indiana for at least 30 days immediately prior to testing.
- 16 and 17 years of age MUST supply: 1.) A document signed by a Indiana Public School Superintendent (not a school administrator, principal, secretary or designee), authorizing 16 & 17 year old students to take the official IN GED examination.
- Identification: Examinees MUST show valid driver's license, valid passports, military IDs, or other forms of government-issued (national or foreign) identification that show name, address, date of birth, signature, and photograph are all acceptable forms of identification for this purpose. If the form of identification used does not establish Indiana residency, then a second form of identity establishing Indiana residency for a minimum of thirty (30) days must be shown. This second form may be a utility bill, rental agreement, or other similar form.
- Registration: payment and scheduling all completed on https://ged.com/
- GED Test Content Areas
- Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA)
- Social Studies
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Test Fee : $120.00 ($30 for each of the 4 content areas) payable online at https://ged.com/ at time of scheduling.
- Time: The GED test is administered on Mondays & Wednesday mornings.
- On Test Days: You may not bring any study materials, cell phones, pagers, notes, books, backpacks, or aids of any kind into the testing room unless authorized for use during the test.
OBTAINING INDIANA GED OR INDIANA TASC SCORE TRANSCRIPTS:
If you need a copy of your TASC or GED test score results, or need to send your transcript to a college, university, employer, military, or other entity, you must order your transcript through the Diplomasender website.
You will create an account with Diplomasender (username, password, etc) and then order your transcripts and designate the recipient.
Please note we cannot acknowledge candidates, give transcript information or any kind of result information over the telephone.
Test score results may take 3 - 4 weeks to process. Your official results are sent directly to you by diplomasender.com. VU offices will not be able to give official score reports. All official score reports must be ordered from diplomasender.com. Transcripts are $15.00 each and verification letters are $5.00 each.