To be eligible for the in-state tuition rate at Vincennes University, students must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Be a permanent resident of the state of Indiana
- Be a permanent resident of the state of Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, or Kentucky
- Be a veteran who is utilizing their GI Bill® benefits or Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA), also known as Chapter 35, and reside in Indiana, regardless of their formal residence of record (per P.L. 116-315 and P.L. 117-68)
Current in-state tuition rates can be found here.
More information about current legislation that affects veterans in higher education can be found here.
Students (both civilian and veteran) who reside outside of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, or Kentucky will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate.
Current out-of-state tuition rates can be found here.
Yellow Ribbon Program
Yellow Ribbon is a provision of the Post 9/11 GI Bill® that allows out of state students to receive additional funding above the in-state cap. The GI Bill® will cover the in-state portion of a student's tuition and Yellow Ribbon will provide up to $2000 more per semester. Because this award is only for out of state students, veterans attending classes on campus do not need to apply; they are eligible to be billed as in-state students. You can read more about the program on the VA’s website here.
Yellow Ribbon: VU pays up to $1,000 a semester and the VA matches this amount for a total of up to $2,000 a semester or up to $4,000 per academic year.
- Must be billed as an out of state student
- Student must be 100% eligible for the GI Bill®
- We will not retroactively award Yellow Ribbon
For more detailed information on the assessment of tuition policies at Vincennes University, please see the VU Catalog.
Please note: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at GI Bill.