GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA AND NOTIFICATION
In addition to the specific scholarship criteria, all students must meet and maintain the following scholarship guidelines.
- Maintain "Good Standing" status with Vincennes University and follow the Standards of Student Behavior. As noted inthe Vincennes University catalog:
A student who violates the Standard and breaks the law is subject to university, civil, and/or criminal authorities. The university, at its sole discretion, may pursue disciplinary action against a student while the student is also subject to criminal proceedings. The univeristy reserves this right even if criminal charges are pending, reduced, deferred or dismissed.
- Regarding scholarship awards, students who violate the Standards of Student Beaviour of Vincennes University are subject to scholarship review and possible revision or removal. The VU Foundation reserves this right even if charges are pending, reduced, deferred or dismissed.
- Unless the specific criteria for a scholarship is listed as being available to Part-time students, all scholarships are for Full-time (minimum of 12 credit hours) students.
- Unless the specific criteria for a scholarship is listed, 2.0 is the minimum GPA that must be maintained at all times during the scholarship period.
- Any fraudulent misrepresentation of information supplied by the applicant on any form, regardless of when misinformation is discovered, is grounds for the scholarship to be rescinded and repayment of any funds awarded to be repaid by the recipient.
- Any enrollment changes (dropping/adding/withdrawing of classes/change of major or degree) relating to the criteria of the scholarship must be reported to the VU Foundation office within five business days of the change. Failure to do so is grounds for the scholarship to be rescinded and repayment of any funds awarded to be repaid by the recipient.
- Students who have had a scholarship rescinded may appeal by requesting the Scholarship Status Review Form from the VU Foundation office. This form allows the student to petition for scholarship reinstatement and to inquire about the availability of other scholarships that may apply to their new circumstances. Please note that documentation of the change in or new circumstances may be requested.
- Students who need to request a delay in use of their scholarship may do so by requesting the Petition to Delay Use of Scholarship Form from the VU Foundation office. Please note that documentation of the circumstances that necessitate the delay may be requested.