- A.A. Business Studies, Vincennes University, Vincennes, IN 1995
- A.A. Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vincennes University, Vincennes, IN 1995
- B.S. Liberal Studies Business Administration, Excelsior College, Albany, NY 2005
- M.L.S Social Science with a concentration in teaching Reading, Fort Hays State University, Fort Hays, KS 2010
- M.A. Literature of the Humanities, American Military University, Charlestown, VA 2011
- Graduate Certificate in Composition and Rhetoric, Indiana University East, Richmond, IN 2012
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language, Indiana University, Bloomington IN 2014
- M.A. English, Indiana University East, Richmond, IN 2015
Growing up in a military family, I attended 22 schools. Due to constantly changing schools, I was not the best academically, when I started as a student at Vincennes University. The university provided me the opportunity to grow and develop. When I graduated with my Masters degrees, I became a 4.0 student. I have been teaching since 1995 in a variety of subjects and colleges. I served in the US Army Guards in a heavy helicopter unit for 3 years. Then I returned to school and majored in robotics. After graduating, I worked with computers and networking. I even taught electronics and computers for Vincennes University at a local prison. I transitioned into Language Arts after volunteering for Knox County as a literacy tutor. My passion for classical literature was renewed, and I began work on a masters in Literature of the Humanities. As a child, I traveled and lived in several countries. Having been exposed to diversity intensified my love for working with students from diverse backgrounds. Presently, I am teaching students in the English as an Additional Language Program. My focus is to help students to increase their English Language Skills to enter college and the workforce.
When I'm Not Teaching
When I am not teaching, I enjoy creating cards, painting, writing, reading, and I continue to work on computers and websites. I am a big Dr. Who fan and have watched every episode. I am raising three fabulous children and enjoy traveling with them as a family.