- Even in the best of economic times, data show that workers who have higher levels of education typically earn more and have lower rates of unemployment compared with workers who have less education. In the challenging economy created by the COVID - pandemic, the data tell a similar story.
- In 2020 workers with a bachelor’s degree had median weekly earnings of $1305 ($65250 per year) in 2020, compared with $781 for workers with a high school diploma. Furthermore, the unemployment rate for bachelor’s level workers was 5.5 percent, compared with 9.0 percent for those whose highest level of education was a high school diploma.
Associate degree holders in multiple disciplines from an accredited institution have the ability to earn this Bachelor’s in Technology online or on-campus. This degree is very versatile for a wealth of people; it is perfect for those already in the workforce that hold an associate degree but need or desire a Bachelor’s degree for advancement, for those with a non-discipline specific associate degree who want to gain a B.S. with general knowledge in Technology, for people with a discipline specific associate degree that was from a community college without a direct path to a discipline specific B.S. in their A.S discipline. Additionally, those who have taken various college coursework, but who have not obtained an associate can usually apply that coursework toward an associate from V.U. by meeting our associate degree requirements (this is done on a case-by-case basis) and then completing the B.S. requirements.
What can I expect during my time at VU?
- VU’s BS in Technology gives graduates the foundation they need to be successful in various industrial, technological, management, or production roles in Business and Industry. VU’s graduates obtain positions in business and industry in production management, team development, project management, quality systems, troubleshooting, entrepreneurship, sales and customer service, to name a few.
- This stackable degree can be completed in two years (2+2)
- VU’s affordable tuition allows you to graduate with less debt
- Scholarships and financial aid is available to qualified students
- There are many practical learning opportunities that will allow you to gain practical experience needed to be successful in this field.
What can I do with this degree?
The B.S. in Technology degree prepares one to carry out a wide range of complex analytical work in many professions doing activities including design, production, marketing, testing, quality evaluation & control, estimation, inspection diagnostic evaluation, supervision, management, technical sales and teaching. You may evaluate assignments, schedule production, determine procedures, implement problem solutions to meet objectives, and develop and promote conceptual change.
A few examples of occupations that graduates of this program are in:
- Production Management
- Production Scheduling
- Project Management
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Quality Systems (control, assurance, management)
- Technical Sales
- Industrial Training
- Facilities design and management
We are happy to chat with you to answer your questions and understand your personal goals.
Please contact us via this form or call 812-888-4313 for more information.