Welcome - Institutional Effectiveness
IE Welcome page
Welcome From President Chuck Johnson
Welcome to the Vincennes University Institutional Effectiveness website. This site is a key resource for faculty and staff who share VU’s commitment to sound planning and continuous quality improvement.
At VU, we strive to keep getting better at everything we do. To achieve this, decisions at all levels need to be data-driven, and improvements should be the result of collaborative planning and assessment. Through assessment, we can better understand how well we are progressing, making appropriate adjustments where needed. This is particularly true for student learning outcomes.
Please explore this website with the aim to learn new skills that will help you implement and sustain this vital process in your area of responsibility. By working together, we can improve Vincennes University services to our students and stakeholders.
Mission and Outcomes
The mission of Vincennes University's Office of Institutional Effectiveness is to implement data-driven, continuous quality improvement processes in academic programs and non-instructional units in order to improve student success, enhance institutional effectiveness, and maintain Higher Learning Commission accreditation status. By offering faculty and staff one-on-one assistance, assessment and improvement professional development, recognition for model assessment and improvement processes, and coordination of the institution's accreditation processes, the Office of Institutional Effectiveness helps Vincennes University achieve its mission as a premier learning institution.
Through the services provided by the Office of Institutional Effectiveness:
- Faculty and staff will use effective assessment and improvement strategies to identify program strengths and weaknesses and drive continuous improvement of student learning and program or unit effectiveness.
- Faculty and staff will regularly report and share data on student learning, program or unit effectiveness, and improvement plans and progress.
- Faculty and staff will create long-range program or unit effectiveness plans based on program review results.
- Internal and external stakeholders will be knowledgeable of VU's institutional effectiveness and progress on assessment-driven improvements.
- Vincennes University will maintain its reputation as a premier learning institution by completing all processes required to meet and exceed accreditation requirements.
Vincennes University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission. Vincennes University maintains its accreditation with the Higher Learning Commission through the Standard Pathway process.
For more information regarding VU's HLC accreditation, contact the Higher Learning Commission at 312-263-0456 or see www.hlcommission.org.
Office of Institutional Effectiveness
Dale Pietrzak, Senior Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Research
Chad Bebee, Director of Assessment