How to Accept Parent PLUS Loans
To apply for the federal direct parent PLUS loan, follow these directions:
- Go to studentaid.gov and Log In using your Parent FSA ID username and password.
- If you don’t have a FSA ID, click on Create Account (under the Log In button). You will have to wait approximately 3 days for a confirmation email from FSA ID before you can continue with this process.
- Click on I’m a Parent, then on the Apply for Parent PLUS Loan. Click on START button.
- Select award year 2023-2024, then provide your student’s information. Scroll down to read and select your choices on how the loan is processed.
- In the “School Information” select “Indiana” and “Vincennes University”.
- If you specify a “Loan Amount Requested” this amount will be divided and half will be applied toward the fall semester and the remaining half will be applied toward the spring semester.
- Loan Period for the whole academic year starts August 2023 and ends May 2024.
- Click the Continue button and follow directions.
- You will receive immediate notification if your credit was approved or denied.
If your credit was approved, proceed to completing the Master Promissory Note:
- Click on the START button under PLUS MPN for Parents.
- Complete all steps of the MPN including the Sign and Submit section.
If your credit was denied, the student may be eligible to receive UP TO $4,000 in additional Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan. Once we have received notice that the PLUS loan was denied we will offer the additional eligible amount.
Allow 2 – 5 business days for VU to process your Parent PLUS application.